Ok, first of all I want to warn everyone who hasn’t watched the movie yet: get away from this post NOW!!! I’ll be posting stuff related to the movie and certain scenes. I gave some time for those who haven’t watched the movie before I post my review.
Ok. OMG OMG OMG!!! Wow!!!! I cried, I laugh, I lived that movie, and I enjoyed every part of it. I mean it was magical, beautiful, with tons of romance and much sexier than the firts one. Off course that many would say that the movie didn’t stick to the book, but any movie doesn’t always stick to the books, is much less time so they have to adapt for it. So let’s get started:
1. Dakota: She is a Q U E E N! She is perfect to play Anastasia, and it shows it once again in this movie, she is funny, and sexy, and she was so into character that gave life and was so true to the Ana I read in the books. She is strong and puts Christian at her feet.
2. Jamie: Wow! Isn’t he hotter and ripped on this movie? Wow, just sexy, he was more into Christian’s character, I mean, those eyes and that susceptibility and honesty reflect in them was beautiful, he is more romantic, and he laughs a lot, that smile is just beautiful and huge. I was dying to watch the submissive Christian and he was so perfect. I even cried in that scene, the vulnerability show in him was pure. He was perfect!
3. The chemistry between Jamie and Dakota was just GREAT! This time with more steamy and sexiest scenes. They definitely has to be more friends and it shows that they were comfortable playing their roles and in sync with a lot of trust.
4. Kim Basinger as Elena was perfect; I hated her like in the books.
5. I think it was a good hit on Niall Leonard doing the screenplay, cause who better than Erika’s husband to know these characters? Yes, great adaptation.
6. James Foley was a perfect director, you can see it in every scene, with who every character played their part, you can see that he got the story, he understood his role in it, every detail well taking care off.
7. The music was perfect, every scene filled with the right song, the beats at the perfect moments, it was a great complement to the story.
8. The balls, wow… even better than I imagine.
9. The spread bar, oh *sighs* Wow, just too sexy.
10. The return to the Red Room Of Pain was just too much, too perfect, too sexy, too hot. Perfection!
11. I felt the anguish and nerves when Charlie Tango crashed, my heart just was so small.
12. The mix of some scenes was good, is easier to understand for those who have read the books and know the little details, however I missed important scenes like:
a. When Flynn competes with Christian to win the auction at the masquerade ball. And Ana dancing with Carrick Grey.
b. After Leila destroys Ana’s car, they supposed to go to the hotel, and Ana gets to be Mrs. Taylor for the night, but instead they went straight to The Grace, is was nice but I’d love to see that exchange between Ana and Taylor and Christian’s jealousy.
c. I’m still wondering: Is Ethan going to appear in any of the movies? I mean, I was expecting Ana going for drinks with him after Dominant Christian came into action with Leila, but no, no sign of him just yet.
d. And finally, I missed Kate’s interrogation to Ana, about the kind of relationship she has with Christian just when they arrive to Christian’s bday party.
13.- It had that sense of thriller, a really dark side, more intense with Leila and Jack behind Ana and Christian.
14.- The glimpse to Fifty Shades Darker was so f’ing awesome. I can’t believe we have to wait another year to it.
I just really LOVED the movie; I was so amped after I got out of the theatre, with a huge smile on my face, and my heart beating so fast. Thank you E.L James, for writing such a lovely story, thank you James Foley for the incredible direction, Thank you Niall for the perfect screenplay, and thanks you to those amazing actors and actresses who gave life to these characters that we love so much.
Thank you for reading.